The decision to move the LIA DC Experience from spring to fall was prompted by LIA alumni who indicated that they would be more likely to attend in the fall than in the spring - especially this year after such a severe winter. We have often been asked why we do not go to D.C. in the summer. First, summer is packed with visitors, bringing a massive influx of people. Another reason is that part of our goal is to be able to visit with Congressmen and government leaders, but they leave town frequently in the summer for their own vacations. And for those from the arid dry climate of Idaho, the extreme humidity and temperatures during the summer are not comfortable.
The dates selected for this year were September 24-29. At this time we have three people, and a potential fourth, to make the trip. We receive a $10,000 grant from CHS Foundation to assist with the expenses of this trip. However, the LIA Trustees have set the fee of $1,000 per person attending, plus the cost of their flight. Anyone who has gone has said the trip is well worth the investment of time and money.
At this point, we are to a critical decision about going forward or cancelling the trip. We must hear from you by Monday, August 14, if you are going to commit to this experience. Our goal is to have 10-12 in the group to make the experience worthwhile. (This does not count spouses that may decide to join us.) Please do not respond with "promises" or, "I might be able to go." We need you to check with employers, spouses, family members, and consider other obligations for that time frame, and give Rick a definite answer by this Monday. You can call him at 208-888-0988 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If we are not able to make the trip, we might have to return money to CHS per their agreement and will have to cancel appointments that we have set. We also hope to be able to get out of the contract with the hotel if we cancel the trip.
If you have specific questions, please give me a call. This will be the last and final call! The decision as to the fate of the trip will be made on Monday. Those that have signed up will be notified as to the outcome of the response.